The new iPhone 5 – what you need to know
The new iPhone (iPhone 5) is likely to be announced Wed, Sep 12 10am Pacific Time (USA). That is announced, not released, not available in Apple stores. As more and more iPhones get released it seems that many people like to even start their own rumours.
Some local rumours I have heard, is that a work colleague walked into the Apple Store Doncaster and got told he could pre-order the iPhone 5. This is in spite of the fact that an iPhone 5 has not even been announced yet.
The top rumours are:
- The iPhone 5 will have a new charging input (which will mean a huge market for dock convertors and an accessorie companies dream with making new music docks, chargers, car chargers etc.)
- The iPhone 5 will have the headphone jack placed at the bottom of the phone
- The iPhone 5 will have a metal finish as opposed to glass
- The iPhone 5 will have LTE – 4G (Which could stop shipping in the USA as HTC and Samsung have threatened legal action)
- The iPhone 5 will be talller than the other iPhones with a new screen technology
What is actually confirmed?:
- There is an announcement from Apple on Wed Sep 12, 10am Pacific Time (USA)
- Thurs Sep 13, 3am (AEST – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Canberra)
- Thurs Sep 13, 1am (AWST – Perth)
- Thurs Sep 13, 2:30am (ACST – Adelaide, Darwin)
- YouTube will no longer be native, but a third party app if the new iPhone is released.